Support Our Students (SOS)
Rochester College is committed to helping students succeed in their collegiate journeys by supporting the whole student – body, mind, and spirit – within a Christian setting.
We recognize that college brings unique challenges and opportunities for each student. We are here to support you! We have a variety of campus-wide resources that offer support.
Here’s how you can connect with us and access campus support and resources:
- Communicate with us! The Support Our Students (SOS) team meets regularly to provide individualized support to students who may need additional resources. Want to communicate with our SOS Team? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch soon!
- Use Campus Resources! The RC campus has a variety of resources for you to take advantage of, spanning from academic to mental health support. Click on any of the program links for more information:
- Academic Center for Excellence (ACE): The ACE provides free peer tutoring sessions, study resources, computer & printer stations, and academic support.
- Ennis and Nancy Ham Library: The library provides access to materials in traditional and electronic formats and staff can also help with research and scholarship questions.
- Professors: Rochester College students are encouraged to discuss academic concerns with their professors and academic advisors. For faculty contact information, check your syllabi or visit http://www.rc.edu/academics/faculty/.
- IT Support / Help Desk: The Help Desk provides support for information technology questions and concerns. You can email email@example.com any time. Phone and face-to-face help is available from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday. Call 248-218-2080 or visit the offices upstairs in Campus Center. The Help Desk also addresses campus maintenance concerns and campus safety.
- Psychology Clinic: Professional psychology counseling is available on campus on a no-fee, short-term basis, or with a low-fee for longer-term psychotherapy. All services are confidential. Appointments can be made by contacting Dr. Gordon Mackinnon at 248-218-2112 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Campus Ministry: Ministry staff members are happy to sit down and talk with you, pray with you, and provide support and encouragement. Campus Ministry hosts a variety of events and programs throughout the semester. Contact Chris Shields II at email@example.com or Campus Ministry at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.
- Center for Student Life: The Center for Student Life helps to foster personal relationships and responsibility through mentoring, group activities, student organizations, and campus programming. Stop by The Center for Student Life in the Campus Center (CC) to discover what programs and services happening this semester.
- Advising: Your advisor provides guidance, support, and resources as you navigate through your academic journey and prepare for your post-collegiate career. All students have an advisor. If you are unsure of who yours is, contact email@example.com.
- Student Financial Services: Student Financial Services provides support and financial guidance to you as you invest in your future. Staff members are available to help you make sure you are using your financial resources to the best of your ability.
- Career Services: Staff members help you identify your strengths, research careers, and find part-time employment and internships on and off campus. Career Services also hosts information sessions and career fairs during the semester.
- Accelerated Learning: Staff members can help you review the best academic program for your schedule. Learn more about accelerated learning by contacting Katie Kilpatrick at firstname.lastname@example.org or (586) 263-6691.
- Moodle & Online Learning: Rochester College uses Moodle for online and hybrid courses. You can visit the ACE lab for support with Moodle, and also contact Donna Love, our Director of Online Technology at email@example.com or (248) 218-2177.