Chapel + Convocation
- Community Chapel We are a diverse people who gather to practice life together in light of God’s great love for us. We pray together, sing, laugh, and grow. It’s awesome to take a moment in your day to slow down and see your friends and professors inspiring one another to get closer to God. Moments of rest, remembering, and reassurance don’t come easily to us. We make space for them here at Rochester University
- Academic Convocation We are an academic community, and we celebrate that at Rochester University. It is a blessing to go to college. We lean into that here, and we have fun doing it as an academic community by hearing how our alumni are making a difference in their fields, hearing innovative research from our professors and celebrating our students’ academic achievements in community.
- Special Programming opportunities are one time, uniquely designed events that promote co-curricular initiatives through the Center for Student Life.
Service Learning + Creation care
- Service Learning Warriors don’t just think about good things. We do them. Through TELOS service learning, students have given nearly 3800 hours to people in God’s world. We integrate meaningful community service and reflection to enrich this learning experience, teach civic responsibility, and strengthen communities. Students can join ongoing service learning activities or create their own.
Spiritual Practices/Mindfulness + Wellness
- Mindfulness/Spiritual Practice The cultivated life with God takes time, and attention. We empower students to be fully present to self, others, and God in their daily lives through spiritual practices.
- Wellness All experiences in this world are embodied, so taking care of yourself matters. We encourage and reward students for exploring practices related to physical, mental, and spiritual health.
For more information about TELOS talk to your admissions counselor or reach out to our Assistant Dean of Spiritual Formation, Chris Shields II.
We can’t wait to see you here!