Rochester College’s “Chapel/Convocation Series” (RCC).
Every full-time traditional student participates in the Rochester College Chapel/Convocation series (RCC). The RCC series offers opportunities for students to participate in events and activities aimed at building Christian faith and community, affirming Christian values, and developing the whole person. RCC options include regularly scheduled Chapel and Convocation events, as well as various small group opportunities and service initiatives.
Each semester, students participate in RCC by being enrolled without charge in “RCC 2001: Chapel/Convocation.” RCC 2001 carries one academic credit and is assigned a letter grade at the end of the semester based on the following 35 point scale:
- 35 points or more – A
- 32-34 – B
- 29-31 – C
- 25-28 – D
- 24 or fewer – F
Points are earned by participating in various RCC events. Course policy requires at least 50 total points are available each semester; with 60 points being the maximum allowed. Most RCC opportunities earn one point each. Chapel/Convocation takes place on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 11:10am and 11:40am (see schedule on back). Chapel Electives are a blend of scheduled events, and learning moments scheduled by students. The academic credit does not count toward degree requirements but is calculated as part of a student’s overall GPA.
Attendance at most RCC events is recorded by ID card readers so that credit will be given only to those students who have their ID cards scanned. Lost, stolen, or damaged cards should be replaced as soon as possible at the Center for Student Life. For further details on policies, exemptions, and schedules, visit the Center for Student Life or go to Student Portal and click on the ‘Chapel’ link on the menu. It is the responsibility of each student to monitor attendance points on their Student Portal. Attendance discrepancies should be reported to Katelyn Hargrave, Chapel Coordinator in the Center for Student Life or at email@example.com within two weeks of the event in question. No changes will be made after two weeks of the event.
Chapel Electives for Chapel/Convocation RCC 2001
Points may be earned through the following RCC Opportunities:
Chapel/Convocation: (33 possible points)
- Academic Convocation is a special campus-wide assembly alternating between Tuesdays and Thursdays and occurring once per month. It is a time for the entire Rochester College community to come together to celebrate and participate in significant events, academic commitment, and community life.
- Community Chapel is a weekly service which is open to everyone and provides a time of community prayer, worship, and reflection. Community Chapel meets on most Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11:10am-11:40am.
Chapel Electives: (21 points)
- Arts and Culture opportunities celebrate the transformative potential of creativity. Students attend approved concerts and plays, explore museums and art galleries, and dialogue with teachers, artists, and fellow students about their discoveries and life.
- Wellness Seminars address issues of personal wellness through exploring practices related to physical, mental, and spiritual health.
- Mindfulness/Spiritual Practice gives students intentional practices to be fully present to self, others or God in their daily lives.
- Service Learning integrates meaningful community service and reflection to enrich the learning experience, teach civic responsibility, and strengthen communities.
- Special Programming opportunities are one time, uniquely designed events that promote co-curricular initiatives through the Center for Student Life.
**First Year Experience: (10 points)**
- FYE Seminar helps integrate new full-time students with less than 30 credit hours into the Rochester College community. It will focus on educational, spiritual, social, and communal transitions. Refer to course schedule for day, time, and location. (**Only new students are required to attend this program**)
*See Chapel Calendar for full details on Chapel Elective dates and times
Evening and weekend opportunities are also offered in “Chapel Electives” such as Wellness Seminars, Arts & Culture talk backs, and Service opportunities. For further details, and the most up to date information on locations, schedule changes, and times, please visit the Chapel/Convocation calendar, student portal at my.rc.edu, the RC App, or the Center for Student Life office.