All graduates of Michigan Christian College, Rochester College, and Rochester University, as well as those who did not graduate yet completed a minimum number of credit hours, are automatically members of the Alumni Association. Currently, over 9,000 former students are members of this organization.
Elliot Kern (13) serves as president of the alumni board. Brad McKenna (’02) and Luke Fleer (’05) helped revitalize the board in 2012. At that time, Brad and Luke identified their goal as “the creation of a place where alumni can plug in to the university using their time, talents, and treasure.” They planned an association that gives back to its members as well.
The alumni board wants to engage alumni in five key areas. Let us know of your interests by contacting Emily Monterosso at Emily Monterosso at email@example.com and become an active member of the Alumni Association!
- Mentoring initiatives such as participation in special events, email contact, and internship arrangements designed to mentor students
- Leadership initiatives such as service on university committees and boards, coordination of class reunions, or leading special fundraising projects
- Ambassador initiatives such as assistance with regional alumni gatherings or student recruitment efforts
- Volunteer initiatives such as work on campus improvement projects, assistance with campus events, or making phone calls in the university call center
- Fund-Raising initiatives such as financial support for scholarships, special projects, or campus improvements
The alumni board plans one event per semester for each of our six academic schools. These events are specially chosen to be of interest to alumni who have graduated from that academic school, as well as current students and prospective students. This does several things: It provides alumni with an interesting activity to participate in with fellow alumni from the same area of interest, and it provides an organic place for alumni to develop mentoring relationships with current students. Additionally, these events can be used as a recruiting tool if prospective students who are interested in learning more about a particular discipline at Rochester University attend. More information about these events can be found on the departmental event page.
The board is helping provide the energy and creative ideas required to involve more individuals in an active Alumni Association. If you are interested in serving on the board, contact Emily Monterosso at firstname.lastname@example.org. Current members of the alumni board include:
- Laura Bellinger (’16), BSN Registered Nurse, Beaumont Hospital
- Susanna Biretta (’11), Substitute Teacher, EDU Staff
- Michelle Capriolla (’14), BSN Registered Nurse, Beaumont Hospital
- Jim Chambers (’15), Associate Youth Minister, Antioch Baptist Church
- Olivia Feldman (’16), English and History Teacher, Waterford Mott High School
- Elliott Kern (’13), Elementary Teacher, Troy School District
- Dakota Long (’16), Security Forces Specialist, 223rd Space Security Forces Squadron, United States Armed Forces
- Nicholas O’Neil (’16), Mortgage Loan Officer, Quicken Loans
- Andrea Walker-Leidy (’04), Director of Development, Meadowbrook Theatre
Plan now to join the board in their efforts to build a strong Alumni Association of individuals who are engaged and proud of their alma mater!