All graduates of Michigan Christian College and Rochester College, as well as those who did not graduate yet completed a minimum number of credit hours, are automatically members of the Alumni Association. Currently, over 9,000 former students are members of this organization.
Elliot Kern (13) serves as President of the alumni board. Brad McKenna (’02) and Luke Fleer (’05) helped revitalize the board in 2012. At that time, Brad and Luke identified their goal as “the creation of a place where alumni can plug in to the college using their time, talents, and treasure.” They planned an association that gives back to its members as well.
The alumni board wants to engage alumni in five key areas. Let us know of your interests by contacting Larry Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org and become an active member of the Alumni Association!
- Mentoring initiatives such as participation in special events, email contact, and internship arrangements designed to mentor students
- Leadership initiatives such as service on college committees and boards, coordination of class reunions, or leading special fundraising projects
- Ambassador initiatives such as assistance with regional alumni gatherings or student recruitment efforts
- Volunteer initiatives such as work on campus improvement projects, assistance with campus events, or making phone calls in the college call center
- Fund-Raising initiatives such as financial support for scholarships, special projects, or campus improvements
The board is helping provide the energy and creative ideas required to involve more individuals in an active Alumni Association. If you are interested in serving on the board, contact Emily Monterosso (email@example.com) Current members of the alumni board include:
- Susanna Biretta (’11), Substitute Teacher, EDU Staff
- Jim Chambers (’15), Associate Youth Minister, Antioch Baptist Church
- Barbara (Cossa) Harrell (’76), Office Manager, Genesis Drug Test Services
- Elliott Kern (’13), Elementary Teacher, Troy School District
- Dakota Long (’16), Security Forces Specialist, 223rd Space Security Forces Squadron, United States Armed Forces
- Nicholas O’Neil (’16), Mortgage Loan Officer, Quicken Loans
- Andrea Walker Leidy (’04), Director of Development, Meadowbrook Theatre
- Olivia Feldman (’16), English and History Teacher, Waterford Mott High School
- Laura Bellinger (’16), BSN Registered Nurse, Beaumont Hospital
- Michelle Capriolla (’14), BSN Registered Nurse, Beaumont Hospital
Plan now to join the board in their efforts to build a strong Alumni Association of individuals who are engaged and proud of their alma mater!