All graduates of Michigan Christian College and Rochester College, as well as those who did not graduate yet completed a minimum number of credit hours, are automatically members of the Alumni Association. Currently, over 9,000 former students are members of this organization.
Kevin Stewart (’04) serves as chairperson of the alumni board. Brad McKenna (’02) and Luke Fleer (’05) helped revitalize the board in 2012. At that time, Brad and Luke identified their goal as “the creation of a place where alumni can plug in to the college using their time, talents, and treasure.” They planned an association that gives back to its members as well.
The alumni board wants to engage alumni in five key areas. Let us know of your interests by contacting Larry Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org and become an active member of the Alumni Association!
- Mentoring initiatives such as participation in special events, email contact, and internship arrangements designed to mentor students
- Leadership initiatives such as service on college committees and boards, coordination of class reunions, or leading special fundraising projects
- Ambassador initiatives such as assistance with regional alumni gatherings or student recruitment efforts
- Volunteer initiatives such as work on campus improvement projects, assistance with campus events, or making phone calls in the college call center
- Fund-Raising initiatives such as financial support for scholarships, special projects, or campus improvements
Lake Norcentra Park Project
Lake Norcentra is a focal point on the campus of Rochester College. While students and alumni have enjoyed this natural and historic part of campus for decades, hundreds of walkers and cyclists now pass by Lake Norcentra every day on the Clinton River Trail.
The Alumni Association has selected revitalization of the lake area, now referred to as Lake Norcentra Park, as one of its highest priorities and hosts a volunteer day in the park each spring. Other major park improvements are also underway. For more information about the project, visit the park website.
A group of 14 alumni and a student representative serve on the Alumni Association board. The board is helping provide the energy and creative ideas required to involve more individuals in an active Alumni Association. If you are interested in serving on the board, contact Evan Green at email@example.com. Current members of the alumni board include:
- Stephanie (Maurice) Beason (’10), Development Officer, Mariners Inn
- Suzanna Biretta (CEL ’11), Substitute Teacher, EDU Staff
- Beth (Stewart) Bowers (’02), Marketing Specialist, The Stewart Team
- Asia (Smith) Butler (’14), Clinical Nurse Manager, Evangelical Home
- Jim Chambers (CEL ’15), Associate Youth Minister, Antioch Baptist Church
- Kelly Duda (CEL ’10), Lead Teacher, Berkley Public Schools
- Doug Edwards (’62) Director of Philanthropy, Church of Christ Care Center
- Terrill Hall (’03), Adverse Subrogation Professional, Travelers
- Barbara (Cossa) Harrell (’76), Office Manager, Genesis Drug Test Services
- Elliott Kern (’13), Teacher, Troy School District
- Dakota Long (’17), Federal Police Officer, Selfridge Air National Guard Base
- Kevin Stewart (’04), Owner and Realtor, The Stewart Team
- Rebecca Trouse (CEL ’11), Professional Counselor, Aspects Counseling
- Jessica (Gamache) Zielke (’04), Realtor, The Stewart Team
Plan now to join the board in their efforts to build a strong Alumni Association of individuals who are engaged and proud of their alma mater!