$2,000 Transfer Scholarship
Thank you for your interest in Rochester College. RC is currently offering a $2,000 Transfer Scholarship. RC is interested in students who desire to excel academically, grow spiritually, develop socially, and contribute to a positive campus atmosphere.
Qualified students for the Transfer Scholarship are students wishing to transfer 16 or more college credit hours to RC are subject to the Transfer Student guidelines, which include a 2.25 GPA minimum.
How do I qualify for admission?
Rochester College is interested in students who desire to excel academically, grow spiritually, develop socially, and contribute to a positive campus atmosphere. Admission to Rochester College for students wishing to transfer 16 or more college credit hours to RC is subject to the Transfer Student guidelines.
What items must be submitted for admissions consideration?
- Completed Application for Admission
- College Transcript(s)
When can I know about an admission decision on my application?
You should expect to receive notification of an acceptance decision within two weeks of all required information being received in the admissions office.
Where do I apply?
Course Transfer Criteria
- Obtained by an accredited institution
- 100-level or higher*
- Achieved a C- or higher for the course
- Students pursuing a degree in the traditional program may transfer up to 34 credits towards an Associate’s Degree or up to 98 hours towards the Bachelor’s degree. For the accelerated programs, up to 47 hours may be transferred towards an Associate’s Degree or up to 90 hours towards the Bachelor’s degree. (Please note: A student must complete 45 hours at Rochester College to be eligible for honor distinction at graduation)
- For any degree, at least 50% of a student’s major and minor core must be earned at Rochester College.
To see if your previous course credits can transfer for course credit at Rochester College please use the Transfer Courses tool »
To Apply, Submit the Following:
- Traditional Student Application
- Official College Transcript(s)
- Official ACT or SAT Scores (if transferring less than 15 college credits)
Understand the Transfer Agreement
Michigan Transfer Agreement History
In 2012, the Michigan legislature included language in the community college appropriations bill that focused on improving the transferability of core college courses by revising the current Michigan Association of Collegiate Registrars & Admissions Officers (MACRAO) agreement and renaming it the Michigan Transfer Agreement – www.michigantransfernetwork.org.
In order to fulfill the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA), students must successfully complete at least 30 credits, with at least a 2.0-grade point average in each course.
These credits, which will be certified by a Michigan community college, should be met according to the following distributions:
- 1 course in English Composition
- A second course in English Composition or 1 course in Communications
- 1 course in Mathematics from one of three pathways: College Algebra, Statistics or Quantitative Reasoning
- 2 courses in Social Sciences (from two disciplines)
- 2 courses in Humanities and Fine Arts (from two disciplines excluding studio and performance classes)
- 2 courses in Natural Sciences including one with laboratory experience (from two disciplines)
In keeping with the Christian liberal arts philosophy of Rochester College, students will be required to complete coursework in the following areas in addition to the MTA:
- 9 hours of Theological Literacy core; 6 hours if transferring more than 29 hours.
- ENG 1123 Composition B
Transfer students should verify MTA requirements and course selection with their community college adviser.
The MTA applies only to general education requirements and does not exempt students from meeting requirements of their specific program, major or other graduation requirements at Rochester College. Students should check the college’s academic catalog to determine if any courses required for their major can be used to satisfy MTA.
Submit Credits You’ve Earned for Review
Want to know how your credits will transfer and how the credits you have already earned will help you achieve your degree at Rochester College? Complete the form below and submit your unofficial transcript to receive an unofficial evaluation of your credits, course advising, and a clear pathway to finishing your degree at Rochester College.
- Credits will be evaluated to determine whether they will come in as general education/core classes or elective credit.
- While your transfer GPA is used for admission and scholarship purposes, it will not transfer towards your Rochester College GPA.