Freshman Direct Admit – School of Nursing
The Rochester College-School of Nursing (RC-SON) is pleased to offer freshman acceptance to qualified high school seniors. Freshman acceptance assures admission to the nursing program upon completion of prerequisite courses for the nursing major. Prerequisite courses must be completed within two years of initial enrollment to Rochester College. The criteria for freshman admission to the RC-SON are as follows:
- Minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.4 on 4.0 scale.
- Successful completion (grade of B- or higher) of one year of biology, chemistry and algebra.
- ACT composite score greater than or equal to 25 or SAT score of 1200.
- Enrollment at Rochester College following high school.
- Priority will be given to students who apply before December 1.
- Each applicant will be interviewed by the RC SON.
- Students will decline or accept offer by January 1.
- Please submit a brief essay describing the extracurricular and work activities in which you have been involved that have contributed personally to you and/or the community. Indicate how you believe these experiences have prepared you for a career in nursing.
Upon direct admission, students will:
- Maintain full-time enrollment at Rochester College.
- Complete all prerequisite courses and be eligible for the nursing major within 2 years of initial enrollment.
- Pass Rochester College (non-nursing) courses with a C or higher.
- Pass RC-SON nursing courses (NUR) with a B- or higher.